(E#)nchilada Stuffed Bell Peppers
E# is an effort to create a programming language suitable for being embedded in various applications on various platforms and these bell peppers can be used for various occasions just like E#. This is a great family dinner meal or perfect for a large gathering of friends.
6-8 Large Red Bell Peppers
1.5 lbs Chorizo
2 lbs Ground Beef
2 Cups Cooked Brown Rice
1 12 oz Can of Enchilada sauce
1 Onion, Chopped
1 Head of Garlic, Chopped
1 Bottle of Beer
2 Cups shredded Cheddar Jack Cheese
Black Pepper (2 Tablespoons)
Caldo de Pollo (2-3 Tablespoons)
1. Brown ground beef and chorizo in a large pot. Drain excess fat.
2. Add chopped garlic and onion to meat and cook for 10 minutes.
3. Add rice, black pepper, caldo de pollo and enchilada sauce to the meat mixture. Let cool.
4. While the meat mix is cooling, cut off tops and scoop out seeds and membranes of bell peppers. Place in a baking dish.
5. Add shredded cheese to meat mixture. Preheat oven to 375 F.
6. Fill bell peppers with the cheesy meat mixture.
7. Cut a square of Queso Fresco and place it on the op of each bell pepper. Fill baking dish with the bottle of beer. Bake for 25-35 minutes.
8. Serve immediately and garnish with parsley flakes.