Copycat Zuppa Toscana
Olive Gardens Zuppa Toscana is one of my favorite soups. It’s hearty, a little spicy and hits the spot. Plus it is easy to make at home.
6 Strips of Bacon
1/4 cup chopped garlic
1/2 chopped onion
2 Tablespoons of Red Pepper Flakes
1 Tablespoon dried Fennel seeds
6 oz Hot Italian Sausage
3 or 4 Red or Russet Potatoes cut into chunks
1/4 Cup of Caldo de Pollo chicken bouillon
12 oz Raw Chopped Kale
1. Brown bacon in soup pot.
2. Add garlic and onion to bacon and bacon fat. Continue to saute.
3. After garlic and onion are soft add red pepper flakes, fennel, and hot italian sausage. Mix well.
4. Add potatoes and caldo de pollo. Fill pot with water until 3/4 of the way full. Let all ingredients simmer for about 45 minutes.
5. Add kale to the soup and mix.
6. Add about 1-1/2 cups of heavy cream. Stir and enjoy!